Mentalcorps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can download the maps and other content without registration. You can register to send your own content!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Eridani Mapping Contest 2015

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat
Jeux préférés : SS

Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2015 - 16:54

Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 NhQqdZWl

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am glad to announce you that I organize a new mapping contest for the following games :

• Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter
  • Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
  • Captain_Russia - Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

This contest is based on being a Science Fiction Mapping Contest, you are free to set your level how you want and choose the theme that you prefer but you must consider the following rules :

• The ambiance of your map must be based on Science Fiction
  • Your level must be one of these themes : Space Stations, Apocalypse, Space Planets, or a theme of your choice that must be Science Fiction themed
  • Any custom ressource is allowed, but not DLL's or patches
  • Your level must be packed into a GRO file
  • The progress of your map must be secret, no information, no screenshots, etc... must be revealed
  • You are not allowed begin your map before July 21st, 2015

The map will be judged on the following points :

• Gameplay - /10
  • Design - /10
  • Ambiance - /10
  • Originality - /10
  • Rules following - /10

All these points are based on a score out of 10 which makes a total of 50 points. The map which will receive the best score will be the winner of the contest. There will be a ranking and the 3 best candidates will get the following prices :

• 1st place : 10 steam trading cards + ORION: Prelude
  • 2nd place : 7 steam trading cards
  • 3rd place : 3 steam trading cards

List of contestants :

• PikaCommando - Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
  • Mental4 - Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
  • Maska322 - Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter
  • Captain_Russia - Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
  • Crippler - Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter

If you want to get into the competition, you just have to reply this post and tell the game you will use for this contest, or you can contact me on steam. You can register from TODAY until JULY 20th (I will update this post each reply but the registration will officially start on July 06th, if you won't be there you can register today).

Once the end of the contest (September 30th), your map must be sent before 23:59.59 of September 30th GMT at skior@hotmail.fr

P.S: I will be offline from June 28th to July 05th, that's why registations officially start on July 06th.

Thanks to participate and good luck to everybody who joins! Smile

Last edited by Rakanishu on Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 21:26; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mental4
Mental
Mental
Mental4

Male
Libra Horse
Emploi/loisirs : Mappeur et gameur de serious sam et créateur de YouTube Poop
Jeux préférés : Serious Sam, Team Fortress 2, pokémon et Zelda

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2015 - 22:56

Je vais tenter ma chance. En espérant avoir le temps pour faire la map !
Back to top Go down
https://mentalcorps.forumgaming.fr/
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2015 - 13:25

Super Wink

Last edited by Rakanishu on Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 14:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maska322
Facile
Facile
maska322

Male
Leo Cat
Jeux préférés : Serious Sam Classic, League of Legends, Minecraft

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2015 - 20:03

Well, again science fiction maps? Very Happy
I will take a part of this event!

The Second Encounter.
Back to top Go down
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2015 - 13:59

Added ! Thanks to take part!
Back to top Go down
maska322
Facile
Facile
maska322

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2015 - 20:44

Is space base allowed?
Back to top Go down
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2015 - 22:06

Sure !
Back to top Go down
maska322
Facile
Facile
maska322

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2015 - 23:02

Nice! Smile
So I start to work! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jul 2015 - 10:15

Very well, good luck Wink
Back to top Go down
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2015 - 18:34

Important annoucement : prices will be updated and will be better, so stay tuned !
Back to top Go down
Rakanishu
Serieux
Serieux
Rakanishu

Male
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2015 - 19:18

Maska322 - Score

Quote :

Gameplay - 7/10
The gameplay is pretty well balanced, the fights are really cool, excepted sometimes, enemies spawn still once the door opened, they come from behind. Also in the second level, there's a door that open only once, I missed it and it couldn't open anymore (the door in the minigun room in the second level), I was forced to restart the level. Furthermore, the bouncy area looked very cool, the gameplay's nice but this area was a little too long (duration), but the music which was assigned to this area sounded nice and fitted well, though it is an "Originality" point. The final fight of the second level was awesome ! The final fights with all the Kukulkans were very diversified and that was very nice, but I f ound the end kinda nostalgic, lol.

Design - 8/10

The design of the map is thoroughly done and has its own personality. Some places are very well done while some other are a little blank, but that's not gross. Therefore, the lighting is a little blank too at some places.
I loved the fact that you played with the colored lines, it is the charm of the map. Also, the doors are really cool. The last room of the second level looked really cool, as its gameplay was too.

Ambiance - 8/10

You managed very well the ambiance, the door soundsreminds a lot of space stations, the background looks nice, in the first level. Also I don't understand why you used Serious Sam 3 Underground Temples music in such a map, but I am going to say that it fits nicely

Originality - 7/10

As I said in the design, the colored lines fit very well and give to the map its own persnnality. The secrets are not really common though, (/!\spoil) -> it's weird to see minecraft secrets in such a map, but I liked the Zae'bis secret, which give us a little flashback on your elder maps.(/!\spoil end)Also, I noticed that the second level had a lot of tributes to Valley of the Jaguar, right?The final level was very original though.

Rules following - 10/10

All rules are perfectly followed.

TOTAL : 40/50 - Nice score !

Download link : coming soon when Maska will release it
Captain Russia - Score

Quote :

Gameplay - 5/10
First, I don't know if it's from the buggy Serious sam Revolution game, but your door (the first one) seems not to open by themselves, I was forced to use cheats to open them, and also, the level is very very laggy at the beggining, I know Revolution has a lot more fps drops than Classic, so I won't be so demanding, but it will penalize you two times less anyway. You should have put less lights with lens flare, in the tunnels there are too much lens flares, it looks cool but it makes it very laggy, I play 5-20 fps, it's very horrible...Also, the enemies are too strongs compared to weapons we have, we have only colt and knife to kill blue biomechs and zumbulls, and a horde of rocketeers, if I don't count the cannon with only 8 ammo, lol.

Edit : His level is demanding really much ressource, therefore, I couldn't run it with more than 10 fps, I turn the gameplay score from 2/10 to 5/10, because I realized that I was very harsh.

Design - 8/10
In the first sight, the architecture looks very nice, structures are very well done and textures make it fitting very well. The models used are very nice and it's pretty detailed, as for the design map, but you could optimize it... or maybe you did but I totally understand that optimization is very hard, but it is very laggy. The outdoor design is awesome and I liked the fact that you used original models with totally new textures, it fits prefectly.

Ambiance - 8/10

The ambiance is pretty nice. Seriously, sounds and music used fit perfectly with the design and the lighting of the map, it sounds so awesome.

Originality - 7/10
I liked the new enemy, the armored-zorcurbito (Chain Blade). Anyway, the design is pretty original and I like it. The teleported transition looked niceI can see a lot of work concerning the design and the ambiance but the gameplay was really slovenly, it's too bad because if you would have worked the gameplay, the level would be perfect.

Rules following - 10/10
All rules are perfectly followed

TOTAL : 38/50 - Good score

Download link : coming soon when Captain Russia will release it
Mental4 - Score

Quote :

Gameplay - 5/10
I can't judge really much on the gameplay, there are only 42 kills and 2 secrets, there is only one fight which is not so bad but is very laggy, because of the terrain, I am around 11 fps, so it's not playable, as Captain Russia's map.As I can't really judge, I give the average to this section.

Design - 7/10

To judge what is done, the design is looking pretty good. There are destroyed appartments such as Serious Sam 3: BFE and it fits well with the ambiance. The detail map is not so bad though. By the way, some textures are crossing each other. Also, the lighting is not really much balanced, the ambiant shadow light is too dark, I hope he is going to fix it.

Ambiance - 7/10

The ambiance looks pretty cool but the choice of the song is not the best, also there is no ambiant sounds, but I can't judge on it because the map is not finished

Originality - 8/10

His apocalypse map is a totally new theme, with new textures. I can't say much more because it is a really short unfinished map.

Rules following - 5/10

Sadly, Mental4 didn't have enough time to finish his map, it's an unfinished map which is shorter than 15 minutes (acutally 2 minutes).I hope he is going to release it when it is finished because he started nicely, though it is laggy.

TOTAL : 32/50 - Average Score

Download link : coming soon when Mental4 will release and finish it

Leader boards :

• #1 : Maska322 (PL) with the score of 40/50
  • #2 : CaptainRussia (USA) with the score of 38/50
  • #3 : Mental4 (FR) with the score of 32/50
  • #4 : Crippler with no score - he left the contest

• #5 : PikaCommando no score - he left the contest

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eridani Mapping Contest 2015   Eridani Mapping Contest 2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eridani Mapping Contest 2015
Page 1 of 1